Selecting a Password
A strong password must be chosen. "Strong" is defined as:
- A password must be between 6 and 8 characters in length
- A strong password contains at least three of the following four elements:
- Numeric Characters (0 - 9)
- Uppercase Characters (A-Z)
- Lowercase Characters (a - z)
- Special Characters (?, !, @, #, %, etc.)
- Not any of the following:
- A word, either from a dictionionary (any language), slang or common acronym.
- A name, of either a person or place.
- An easily guessable date, such as partner's birthday.
- Information related to you, such as your car number plate, NI number, etc.
- The same or close to your account username (including reversing or misspelling of the username)
- Any of the examples given on the IT Services Section website, or this policy.